Health Tip – Aug. 1 – Simple Ways to Stay Hydrated
Staying hydrated is important – every organ, cell and tissue in your body depends on water for survival. Proper hydration also addresses a bevy of health concerns, from dry mouth and bad breath to gallstones and irregularity. Each day you lose water by simply going to the bathroom, sweating and breathing. Replacing these lost fluids is vital to preventing dehydration. Some common symptoms of dehydration include:
• Infrequent urination
• Urine that is darker in color than usual
• Extreme thirst
• Dry mouth
• Sleepiness or fatigue
• Feeling dizzy or lightheaded
You can help prevent dehydration by following these simple steps:
• Keep a bottle of water on hand. Sipping on water throughout the day will help prevent dehydration. Add a slice of lemon or lime for flavor, if you like.
• Make it a point to drink a glass of water when you wake and before bed.
• Eat fruits and vegetables. They are naturally water-dense, especially citrus fruits, watermelon, lettuce and tomatoes.
• Drink water before you exercise, as well as during and after.
• If you are drinking alcohol, always pair it with a glass of water to offset its dehydrating effects.
Like and Share with your friends