Health Tip – Jan. 13 – Do I Have a Cold or the Flu?
Dee Dee – Health Tip
The flu and the common cold have similar symptoms. It can be difficult to tell the difference between them. Your health care provider can give you a test within the first few days of your illness to determine whether or not you have the flu.
In general, the flu is worse than the common cold. Symptoms such as fever, body aches, tiredness, and cough are more common and intense with the flu. People with colds are more likely to have a runny or stuffy nose.
Seek medical attention immediately if you experience any of the following:
1. Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
2. Purple or blue discoloration of the lips
3. Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
4. Sudden dizziness
6. Severe or persistent vomiting
8. Flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with fever and worse cough
Like and Share with your friends