U.P. Football All-Star Game Features Five Negaunee Miners
The U.P. Football All-Star Game will be on June 28th at the Superior Dome in Marquette!
NEGAUNEE, MI – With the annual U.P. High School Football All-Star Game quickly approaching on June 28th, the teams will be beginning their preparation. There will be five Negaunee seniors who will get to don the yellow helmet one more time.
- Jeremy Bell – The Michigan Tech commit is a 6’4” 220-pound lineman who wreaked havoc on defense and prevented it on offense. He blocked for one of the best attacks in Negaunee’s history over the past few seasons and has a promising college career ahead of him.
- Trevor Hansen – Trevor, along with fellow lineman Jeremy, was a part of a fantastic group of Offensive Lineman during the 2013-2014 campaign. He was also good for a couple of sacks on the defensive side of the ball, taking advantage of his size & strength.
- Tyler LaJoie – Tyler did it all for the maize & blue. As a running back, he broke ankles and bowled people over. As a defender, he could run stride for stride with any receiver, or light up any ball-carrier he needed too. He was the feature returner for the Miners on special teams, and made many a player look silly in the open field. His play over the past two seasons has earned him a spot on the NMU fall roster.
- Ian Mayotte – The heart of the Negaunee defense. Ian was the Miners inside linebacker and run stopper. He was always quick to take on any block coming at him, and even quicker to shed it and make the necessary play. Ian is more than deserving of this honor to play in the All-Star game.
- Zane Radloff – While he didn’t have eye-popping numbers, Zane was undoubtedly one of the most talented wide receivers in the U.P. in 2013. Combining his 6’5” frame with an incredible jumping ability, Zane used his sure hands to pull down any pass that came his way. Whether it was a 5-yard slant, or a 30-yard bomb, Zane made the play.
Be sure to get your tickets on Xcel Sports Training’s website!
As per usual, the Miners will be playing for the East team. The MPC is mostly represented in the East, with only two teams playing for the West (Iron Mountain & Norway). Coaching for the East will be Marty Spencer & Chris Marshall of St. Ignace, Joe Austin of Engadine, Fred Bryant of Newberry, and Pat Maloney of Sault Ste. Marie.
Be sure to get on down to the Superior Dome Saturday, June 28th for the U.P. Football All-Star GameThe game is scheduled to begin at 3pm and tickets are available on Xcel Sports Training’s Website!
-Carl Leander Johnson
Latest posts by Carl Johnson (see all)