Health Tip – July 1 – Protect Your Eyes
As you head out this summer, make sure you give your eyes the TLC they need this time of year.
1. Choose sunglasses that block 100 percent of the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. And make sure your little ones have the same protection.
2. If you’re going to spend much time outdoors, wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses. When you’re using a tool such as mower, trimmer, or drill, wear work-rated safety goggles. Anyone near you should, too.
3. Play it safe. Wear the right mask, shield, or goggles for the sport you’re playing.
4. Watch fireworks from a safe distance, and let the experts use them.
5. Don’t let the oil from plants like poison ivy get into your eyes.
6. If pool chemicals burn your eyes, get out and rinse them with water. If they still hurt, see a doctor.