Structure Fire in Sands Township

Filed under: U.P. News Updates |

Fire in Sands Township

MARQUETTE, MI – (Great Lakes Radio News) – Firefighters responded to a structure fire yesterday morning in Marquette County’s Sands Township.

The fire was reported just after 9 a.m. at a home at the 553 Mobile Estates on M-553.  The occupants of the home were able to get out safely and firefighters had the fire put out in about 15 minutes after their arrival.

Faulty wiring in the ceiling of the structure is believed to be the cause of the fire.  The family is currently being helped out with lodging and other supplies by the Marquette County Pigs-N-Heat Fire Relief Fund.

Great Lakes Radio – Delivering reliable and accurate local news to you on air, online and on demand

Share Sunny 101.9 WKQS Content with World!
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • BarraPunto
  • Bitacoras.com
  • Fark
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Mixx
  • MySpace
  • PDF
  • Reddit
  • RSS
  • Slashdot
  • Tumblr

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>