Attic Fire in Manistique

Filed under: U.P. News Updates |

Manistique_Public_Safety_Fire_DepartmentMARQUETTE, MI – (Great Lakes Radio News)Manistique Public Safety says firefighters responded to an attic fire last night at a home on Fifth Street in Manistique.

The fire was called in around 7:45 p.m. at a residence at 102 South Fifth Street. The fire was brought under control in about 15 minutes, but firefighters remained on scene for an hour checking for flare-ups.

The structure sustained minor fire and water damage and no injuries were reported. Officials believe the fire started in an electrical junction box in the attic of the home.

Great Lakes Radio – Delivering reliable and accurate local news to you on air, online and on demand

Share Sunny 101.9 WKQS Content with World!
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • BarraPunto
  • Bitacoras.com
  • Fark
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Mixx
  • MySpace
  • PDF
  • Reddit
  • RSS
  • Slashdot
  • Tumblr

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>