Iron Mountain Business Destroyed in Fire
MARQUETTE, MI – (Great Lakes Radio News) – Authorities in Iron Mountain say a business was completely destroyed in a weekend fire.
The fire was called in just after midnight Central Time Sunday at Dave’s Auto Sales & Services on South Stephenson Avenue.
Firefighters with the Iron Mountain Fire Department were on the scene for about eight hours, but no injuries were reported.
Officials say they believe the fire started when fumes from a gas tank ignited when a jump starter unit arced causing sparks.
Reports say the business was a total loss.
Great Lakes Radio – Delivering reliable and accurate local news to you on air, online and on demand
Like and Share with your friends