Marquette Firefighters Called Out For Natural Gas Explosion

Filed under: U.P. News Updates |
News Update

News Update

Marquette, MI – (Great Lakes Radio News) – Marquette City firefighters were called to 1092 South Lake Street just after 8 o’clock this morning for a strong smell of natural gas by central dispatch.

9-1-1 was called in from a passerby who smelled natural gas from the street.

Upon arrival the front and south side windows of the home were laying in the yard due to a natural gas explosion accompanied by vigorous fire.

Firefighters shut down the gas supply to the home and ventilated the structure.

Firefighters then made entry to search residence to find nobody home at the time of the incident.

Moderate structure damage was reported to the basement and first floor.

Incident remains under investigation by Marquette City Fire and SEMCO Energy.

Share Sunny 101.9 WKQS Content with World!
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • BarraPunto
  • Bitacoras.com
  • Fark
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Mixx
  • MySpace
  • PDF
  • Reddit
  • RSS
  • Slashdot
  • Tumblr

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>