Early Morning Housefire In Negaunee

Filed under: U.P. News Updates |
News Update

News Update

Marquette, MI – (Great Lakes Radio News) – Firefighters from the Negaunee City Fire Department were called out to a structure fire early this morning.

The fire was reported just after 2:30 a.m. at 119 East Peck Street.

Firefighters arriving on the scene say flames were visible shooting out of a second story window on the two story home.

Fire crews entered the home and quickly extinguished the fire. The family living in the home was able to get out safely with no injuries reported.

The second floor of the home sustained extensive smoke and fire damage, and damage to the exterior was confined to the front and west side.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been an unattended candle in a second floor bedroom.

Share Sunny 101.9 WKQS Content with World!
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • BarraPunto
  • Bitacoras.com
  • Fark
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Mixx
  • MySpace
  • PDF
  • Reddit
  • RSS
  • Slashdot
  • Tumblr

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>