Weekend Fire Destroys Ishpeming Home

Filed under: U.P. News Updates |
Keep up to date with the Upper Peninsula's news stories with Great Lakes Radio

GLR News Update

Marquette, MI – (Great Lakes Radio News) – Ishpeming firefighters responded to a house fire in the city this weekend.

The fire was reported around 11:30 Saturday morning at 713 N. 2nd Street.

Fire crews found flames coming from the front of the basement and first floor of the home.

The home’s owner, David McNease, was not home at the time of the fire.

He told firefighters he had lit a fireplace before he left the residence earlier in the morning.

Preliminary investigation indicates the fire was caused by the homes fireplace and or chimney that was located in the basement of the home.

The home is considered a total loss.

Firefighters were called back for a rekindle at the residence at about 7:00 p.m. Saturday.

No injuries were reported.

Share Sunny 101.9 WKQS Content with World!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr
  • Reddit
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • Print
  • PDF
  • StumbleUpon
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • BarraPunto
  • Bitacoras.com
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • RSS
  • Slashdot
  • Mixx
  • Fark
  • MySpace

Comments

comments