Overnight Housefire In Ishpeming

Filed under: U.P. News Updates |
Keep up to date with the Upper Peninsula's news stories with Great Lakes Radio

GLR News Update

Marquette, MI – (Great Lakes Radio News) – Ishpeming firefighters were called out to a house fire at 640 Maurice Street around 2:00 o’clock this morning.

Ishpeming Police arrived shortly before the fire department and cleared the residence.

Firefighters saw smoke coming from the second floor of the home and found the fire in one of the upstairs bedrooms.

Fire damage was contained to the one bedroom with moderate smoke and water damage to the rest of the house.

The homeowners, Matthew and Sarah Rich and their children were at home at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported.

Firefighters say the Rich’s youngest son alerted family members to the fire in his bedroom, everyone escaped the residence uninjured prior to the fire departments arrival.

There were no working smoke detectors in the home at the time of the fire.

Fire department officials believe an electrical short in the child’s bedroom caused the fire.

Everyone is reminded to check your smoke alarms and not to remove the batteries from them for other uses.

Share Sunny 101.9 WKQS Content with World!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr
  • Reddit
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • Print
  • PDF
  • StumbleUpon
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • BarraPunto
  • Bitacoras.com
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • RSS
  • Slashdot
  • Mixx
  • Fark
  • MySpace

Comments

comments